Sunday, September 12, 2010

Slow dance in sweatpants, cuz that's how I roll.

It was a Thursday night.

My friend dragged us all out for her birthday dinner even though most of us just got off work and had to work early the next day.

After being dressed up and in heels all day, sweatpants were the only thing on my mind. Normally I would try to dress up a little bit for a birthday dinner but in full birthday boycot mode nothing was going to make me change out of my comfy choice of clothing for the night.

We all met out front. My friends are all dressed up. Full makeup, short dresses, heels, the whole shebang. If you lined us all up you could have played the game "Who doesn't belong?" A 4 year old could have probably played the game that night.

So what's the first thing I do? Make eye contact with some eye candy at the bar of course! Eye contact somehow always turns into me walking up and having a conversation which somehow turned into me inviting eye candy and his friend over to our table to join in on the birthday dinner festivities.

Eye Candy quicky got the nickname Georgia Peach and his friend...well he was just there. After being way too loud, laughing way too hard and singing every song playing through the restaurant we all became fast friends. And then a slow song came on.

Georgia Peach: * Jokingly holds out his hand* would you like to dance?

Me: Actually I would

Georgia Peach: Are you serious? In the middle of the restaurant? With everyone staring?

Me: Yes. I like attention.

So then we slow danced through the restaurant. Sweatpants and all.

1 comment: